Tuesday, October 20, 2009

The Adventures of Blisterboy…

I’m not normally one to get blisters. I suppose this explains how when I got one I ignored it until it was far too late.

Last Wednesday, I was out jogging and felt a terrible pain in my left foot. Must be a rock in my shoe, I thought. I figured it would go away…

Last Thursday, I jogged six miles. Heading back after three, I realized there was a rock in my shoe, which was moving around on the left side of my left foot. On the right side of my left foot, there was that terrible pain again… and I still had a couple of miles to go…

By this time, I figured it had to be a blister. When I took off my socks and shoes, I looked at my foot. I couldn’t find the blister and realized, after a bit, that was because the blister took up much of one side of my foot! I stayed off my foot for the rest of the day and Vicky was kind enough to buy some blister bandages, with medicine that’s supposed to help them go away.

Friday. Dizzyland. I had the bandage and comfy shoes but I was still limping quite a bit. But that was okay. Then, we went on Splash Mountain. In the first two seats, we wanted to get wet because it was so hot out. We got drenched. Saturated. We were so wet no amount of standing out in the sun was going to help. So, we hit the Haunted Mansion and took off for home and a change of clothes. That’s when I saw my blister bandage torn off… along with part of the blister… ouch…

Another bandage later – make that two – and we were off again. Saturday. Vicky had bought us tickets to see The Firesign Theatre up in Hollywood. (I can just hear “Jane” getting worked into a lather. Well, for you Jane-itics out there, Dizzy was free and Firesign was half off and her idea!) (Twits.) We parked at the bottom of a large hill, which is where the only parking in Hollywood seems to be, and commenced hiking. The Firesign Theatre wasn’t just funnier than I’d ever heard them being, this being my first time seeing them live; they were funny than I had imagined they could be. Even Vicky, she of the Vow of Never Laughing, was busting a gut next to me. We returned home to find the bandages pulled from my foot and I gave up…

So, no jogging for me for a while. I rested Sunday and cycled yesterday. Today, it’s back out on the trail for me and my tootsies. Wish me luck. I think, this time, I’ll pay more attention… maybe…

No comments: